Your contract will be Nether Craig Holiday Park (referred to as the Owner from now on). In making a booking, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Terms. All terms are either per week (Saturday to Saturday*) or per short break (start day as specified) for the accommodation as equipped and described. The usual check-in time is 4pm (subject to unavoidable delays).
The check-out time (usually 10am) will be shown on your hire invoice. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay. Prices include VAT (where applicable) at the rates applicable at the time of printing and are subject to change if the rates or application of the tax changes. In the event of a change in the rate of VAT during the course of the year, your holiday will be invoiced at the new amount of VAT unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full prior to the date of the change.
*For holidays of 7 days or more starting Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, the previous Saturday charges apply; for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday starts the following Saturday charges apply.
For 3 or 4 night breaks which cover two price periods, the day in which you start your holiday determines the price you pay. For Sunday, Monday or Tuesday arrivals the previous Saturday short break price applies. For Wednesday, Thursday or Friday arrivals, the following Saturday short break price applies.
High and low season price guides.
For the Price Range panels, the low season and high season date ranges are:
Low Season: Jan 3 – May 23 2015 Sep 19 – Dec 23 2015
High Season: May 23 – Sep 19 2015 Dec 23 2015 – Jan 6 2016
We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
2. Making a booking. All offers and bookings are subject to availability. Any payments for your holiday you make will be held by the Owner on your behalf until they are paid in full or refunded to you. A binding contract comes into existence between you and the Owner once we have received your deposit and we have issued a hire invoice and booking acceptance by e-mail, fax or post.
You must check your hire invoice and booking acceptance as well as all other documents we send you carefully as soon as you receive them. If any information appearing on any document appears to be inaccurate in any way, you must let us know straight away. We regret we cannot accept any
liability to make changes if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 10 days of our sending it out.
The contract shall be between you and the Owner and be subject to Scottish Law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland.
3. Number in your party. The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us. Babies under 2 will be counted as members of your party. You should check the policy of your chosen accommodation carefully before booking.
All male or all female groups are accepted only at our discretion and with our specific permission.
4. Payment. When you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested.
Standard Deposit per booking is £50.00 per week.
Your balance is due and payable by the date printed on your Hire Invoice (8 weeks before your holiday start date). For bookings made within 8 weeks of your holiday start date you pay the full amount when you make your booking.
If the deposit and/or balance is not paid on time, we may cancel your booking.
Payments made by credit card are currently subject to a charge of 2%.
At present, there is no charge for debit cards.
5. Changes by you. Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced for any reason (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) then, if we accept this change, a fee of £30.00 will be charged together with any costs or charges imposed by other service providers. Up to 8 weeks before the holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one within Nether Craig as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party(introduced by you and agreed by Nether Craig) at any time providing you pay the administration fee of £30.00 and any outstanding balance.
Note: Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
6. Cancellation by you. Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel and on the same day send us written confirmation quoting your booking reference. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your written confirmation from you, which will be acknowledged.
However, please be aware that the cost of the Holiday is non-refundable after being paid in full. You must have your own Travel or Holiday Insurance in place before you pay the balance to the Owner.
7. Linen, Towels and Keys. Except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Please take bed linen for cots with you as required. Towels are not normally provided as standard.
The accommodation must be left in a clean and tidy state when vacated and any breakages or damage to the accommodation must be paid for before departure – this may be taken from your deposit. We reserve the right to charge for any abnormal cleaning which may be necessary. All accommodation is non-smoking; an additional cleaning charge of £150 will be made to those who fail to observe this rule.
8. Cancellation by the Owner.
Very occasionally, in circumstances of ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 15, the Owner may have to cancel your booking. We will tell you as soon as possible, and offer you an alternative or a full refund. We regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
9. Brochure and Website accuracy. We have taken care to ensure the accuracy at the time of publication of our brochure and continuously with the website, however information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and facilities and its description, as the Owners are always looking for ways to make improvements. We will use our best endeavours to notify you of any changes to, or inaccuracies in any information contained in our brochure or on our website as soon as reasonably practicable after we become aware of that change or inaccuracy.
10. Activities and facilities. The Owner reserves the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond its control. The opening and closing dates of facilities are shown on each brochure entry and the website. Opening times may be limited outside the main holiday season.
11. Unreasonable behaviour. The Owner has the right to refuse to hand over accommodation if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests or to members of staff. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and neither we nor the Owner will have any further liability. The Owner reserves the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests or members of staff. In these circumstances, no refund will be given.
12. Damage to Accommodation. You are liable to the Owner for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire. The accommodation Owner has the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
13. Party Type. Group/Party Bookings. The organiser or leader of a group or party booking is responsible for providing the party details. Should you arrive at your accommodation with such a group without notifying us of the required details, the Owner has the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to you.
Wheelchair/Disabled Persons. The accommodation we feature may be unsuitable for visitors with some types of mobility difficulties. To ensure the accommodation booked is suitable for visitors with a disability, it is essential that all booking requests from parties, including people with special needs, give us full and clear details of those needs at the time of booking. We also require confirmation as to whether or not the disabled visitor will be accompanied on their holiday by an individual able to attend to all their requirements.
14. Security Deposits. You will be asked for an additional deposit of £50 cash by the Owner. This is payable on arrival and will be returned to you after your holiday, provided that your accommodation is undamaged, clean and tidy and the keys are returned.
15. Special Requests (e.g. for adjacent properties). These cannot be guaranteed, but every effort will be made to satisfy them.
16. Force Majeure. The Owner cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which the Owner could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond the owner’s control.
17. Your Pet. You may bring your pet with you to holiday in certain accommodation, and by prior arrangement only, at a charge of £20.00 per pet, per holiday. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) does not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere, and must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. Any fouling must be cleaned up without delay; special bins are provided around the Park.
Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from Nether Craig.
Pets are not allowed in the shop and reception areas. In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fuila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation.
18. Assistance Dogs. Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge at Nether Craig, subject to the availability of suitable accommodation.
19. Your Vehicles. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. The Owner is not responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever.
20. Comments or concerns. You must notify any shortcomings with your accommodation to the Owner or his/her representative immediately so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken.
21. Data Protection Policy. In order to process your booking we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs etc. Proper security measures are in place to protect your information. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/ immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
We will not, however, pass any information onto any person not responsible for your accommodation. This applies to any sensitive information that you give us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant person. The Owner’s use of your information is subject to our policy and is our responsibility.
Your data controller is: Nether Craig Holiday Park Ltd.
You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. If you would like to see this, please contact us.
We will hold your information, where collected by us, and may use it to provide you with holiday or special offer information. If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future, please write to us. We will not pass your information on to any third parties for marketing use without your permission.
• Holiday – any trip involving pre-booked travel or accommodation devoted entirely to pleasure, rest or relaxation in the United Kingdom and booked through Nether Craig.
• Home – usual permanent place of residence.
• Immediate Family – means the Partner, or the child, grandchild, brother, sister, Parent, or grandparent of you or a person in your party, or anyone noted as next of kin on any legal document.
• War – means armed conflict between nations, invasion, act of foreign enemy, civil war, military or usurped power.
Copyright © Nether Craig Holiday Park Ltd 2015.
Prices and booking conditions may be changed or varied subsequently.
Please see our website for latest details.
Nether Craig Holiday Park Limited, registered office;
Westburn House, McNee Road
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, KA9 2PB.
Registered in Scotland.
Company registration number: SC410095.
VAT registration number: 0122 7122 56.
Please read these conditions carefully. They set out the basis on which we arrange your accommodation and other services as the Owner.
Our ‘Basic Booking Conditions’ do not include any cancellation scheme and you will not be protected from your liability for up to 100% of your holiday cost.